page contents

salem

salem

Tuesday 6 August 2024

Postscript For Better for Worse, bound to make Mistakes







 "You can be young without money, but you can't be old without it."  "If  I am no longer disturbed mysef, I will deal less with disturbed people, but I don't regret having concerned myself with them because I think most of us are disturbed." Tenessee Wiliams "If the soul is left in darkness, sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sins, but the one who causes the darkness."  Victor Hugo.  "The voice of the majority is no proof of justive." Friederich Schiller.                                                                  For approx. 2 years sugar has disppeared from shop shelves, apart from occasionally arriving for a short spell. On the black market, though, sugar is usually available at highly inflated prices. The heat is almost unbearable and still no rain. We continue to have the tapped water supply stopped, round about at 6 p. m. until the next morning until approx. 6 a. m., but this doesn't stop the "usual suspects" from watering streets. For a while Sousse was fairly clean, but now unfortunately, generally speaking, rubbish dumping seems to be "fashionable".  What you don't need, drop where ever you are..... Very sad. For unknown reasons youngsters when meeting in the evening, like to sit on steps in front of houses (not those where they actually live) , though benches near a mosque are within 6 minutes walkes and the beach is only 25 minutes away. Like mosquitoes (excuse my comparison) these kids and youngsters are attracted by the bright street light. Tolerance they thank by dumping their litter and noisy conversations at night. Not sure I always want to know what they have been chewing the previous night. In addition folks in the neighborhood continue knocking down and repairing, upgrading their houses, seem to dream of skyscrapers or little palaces. Wish they would instead think of planting trees to reduce the heat. After all we are all, humans and animals, suffering from these heat wave. Several of  those with a bad immune system and lack of money for medical advice and treatment passed away. I have been myself in a poor state of health, feeling very weak and tired, finding it difficult to eat, food suddenly tasted horrible. Slowly getting a bit better. In addition I lost dear feral friends. On the way to the veterinarian with my sweet Kaja, in a poor state of health, (luckily he managed to save her, she was close to death)  a woman suggested I should take her cat together with 4 kittens, as "she can't cope", even though she's approx. 25 years younger than me and since I have already 30 cats another 5 shouldn't be a problem for me. Is this oriental logic? Apart from extra food, space, plus toilets, my ferals not welcoming further additions,  what about more expenditures for sterilization (approx. 500 Dinar), other medications, check ups and treatments, e. g. dental quickly another 500 Dinar? I may add I am not receiving any donations and I am not getting younger! I wonder whether such folks would still try to persuade me one day, while on my death bed, to take their cats since they can't manage....... Strange new world. I feel folks have become more superficial and selfish. One can learn empathy, very young children can already and one can also lose it. Seems to me this is what is presently happening among politicians in Germany. I was shocked to learn they seriously planning to deny asylum to Afghanistans who worked for the German army and are now threatened to be murdered by the Taliban "as traitors". What has become of Germany? It is depressing, also the big sensorship concerning Palestians. A few years ago I would have called that development impossible. 

No comments :

Post a Comment