page contents

salem

salem

Monday 18 September 2017

My lovely big Cats' Family

Children:"Why  do you like cats?" My reply: "I like all animals." "But why cats in particular?" "Because I discovered that they are poor and suffer a lot here." I of course can't help all animals. I would love to buy a piece of land and use it as a big garden/park/farm for animals in need of support, unfortunately this I cannot afford. The so-called stray cats are amazing, so beautiful, expensive breeds among them. Where do they come from? Left behind when some folks left this country? One big fluffy Persian cat, we believed to be male, difficult to see the difference with all that long hair. Anyhow, she enjoyed me brushing her (appeared no one else did), nevertheless I wondered why she spend so much time in front of my house, wanting to move in with me, though her owners in the neighbourhood are well-off. One day, when she was really persistent, I let her sleep in a small corridor. The next morning I was surprised to see she had given birth to 2 baby kittens, one dead, one alive. She seemed to be weak, I regretted that I hadn't understood before that she really needed help. Anyhow, hours later I was shocked to find both the mother and the other kitten dead. When we informed the owners, well their reaction was not what I expected, they just couldn't care less: "She was already old (11 years approx.) and has had many kittens." Not interested in burying the cats either, suited them the cats died in my house.- Two years ago I discovered a Siamese colour-point cat (blue eyes, light fur with all the markings as described in literature) near the rubbish dump, supposed to be one of the most expensive cats in the world and rare, also known as Royal Cat of Siam, that once upon a time no one but the king and members of the royal family were permitted to own. A day later 2 young men knocked at our door, enquiring about this cat, stating they are the owners and that they heard the cat would be with us. This was not the case and I didn't see the Siamese cat again until one year later, just briefly and then not until lately, when a couple of children asked me for food for their (?) cat. Strange, if you are the owner of such an exclusive cat yet have no money for food. I regret I never took the the phone number of the previously mentioned young men. Any how, the other day these young boys offered the Siamese cat to me for 30 Dinar, then going down to 5. I discovered the little darling is in a poor shape, almost skinny, a strip of fur missing, from between the ears further down the back and another such marking around the neck and little wounds. I declared she is very sick, not at all well kept and I'll need my money to take her to the vet. Depending on what the vet says I may pay the 5 Dinar, though I wonder where they picked up the poor little honey and hope I can find a good family for her. I named her "Madonna", she is intelligent, likes to cuddle and be the "only child", doesn't like other cats, just needs someone who really cares for her. How old Madonna is I can not say and I regret I can't keep her. She is so lovely and deserves to live in a good family, where she is appreciated. I am going to get my vet to check her state of health, age and may be she can help me find suitable people to give her a good home. - Among the cats that live with us are 2 Persian cats (Saladin & Amir) as well as a Chinchilla cat (Cinderella) and more beauties. When lovely gentle Saladin looks at me with his big eyes, I wonder what he is thinking. Cinderella has blue eyes and always seems to be happy and willing to cuddle. Tariqqa, a quiet sweet lady cat, has only one eye, nevertheless she can really scrutinise you that's why I gave her that name, meaning conqueror. Tomcat Tiger is a gentleman, whenever I give him food and another cat wants it, he stands back, letting her/him have it. The other day one of our cats knocked at the kitchen door and Bijou opened the door from inside. Pity I haven't caught this on video. It was so funny. - Gloria, the most gorgeous cat I've ever seen, I've been feeding for some time and one day I discovered a little kitten looking 95% like her, yet Gloria's reaction left me uncertain whether she is the Mum or not. Then I saw Gloria with 2 kittens that almost got squashed by the wheels of a car, unnoticed by the driver, I managed to save them just in time and took them indoors, together with the kitten that resembles Gloria so much. A couple of weeks later I found a tiny black baby cat in front of my entrance door and added it to the little family. It worked well, Gloria gives milk to all of them. She completely trusts me. I am allowed to pick her and any of her babies up, no protest, I am allowed to baby-sit for her, when she wants to go for a walk. - Cats hate getting their eyes, nose or ears treated, cleaned. Some accept it more than others, that is talking about my in-door mates. Surprise, surprise, a big tomcat with golden coloured fur, a so-called "stray cat", my little sunshine, seems to be specially detached to me and likes to accompany we when I go shopping, I named him Habibi, allowed me today to clean his nose and hears, just like that, wow. - While some cats don't like kittens of other cats (competition concerning limited food supply),  my great black ladies, Lilly and Felicitas, welcome all. Amazing how fast kittens often secure their food and if there is more than one piece of food put one leg over it, "all mine." Cats are great let's appreciate, protect and save them. Pity several children here have a disturbed relationship with cats (letting them suffer in an attempt to get rid of their frustation as neglected kids) and not surprising most cats run away when children approach them. How cats react to me is a real surprise from many: "Never seen anything like it before."


No comments :

Post a Comment