page contents

salem

salem

Thursday 2 August 2018

Just an Anecdote

Somewhere in Africa. Two men talking. "Whenever I write to authorities, I never receive an answer." "Why do you write to them?" "Sometimes applying for a permission, asking for support, or just making suggestions to improve matters, after all I love my country." "You never get a reply?" "No, not even a confirmation that my letter arrived, some I even handed in personally at the reception, so they can't get lost in transit." "Yes, the post office is pretty unreliable. But anyhow, I think I know why all your letters are ignored. As you are aware, we have family clans with long crime tradition, mafia style structures. Now several sons decided to break with this family tradition and pursue an honest career. Thus the families got together an
d gave their approval. It was decided that some shall become lawyers, doctors, etc. The others should fill governmental posts. So these clans made offers that authorities can't refuse and in order to prove their honest intentions even paid a few thousand Dinars on top of the usual bribe. It now turned out that several of the persons elected by those families are actually illiterate. In order to hide the deficiency they pretend to read their mail (sometimes upside down) and then put it in the bin." "What can I do? Should I phone instead?" "You can try...... Good luck!"


No comments :

Post a Comment