page contents

salem

salem

Friday 11 January 2019

Postscript A Cat's Life Ain't easy



In paradise cats can talk like human beings and they will testify who treated them well and who abused them, a man told us. Many Muslims believe paradise is open for those (including Christians) who care for cats/animals. Mohamed advised: " Have sympathy with the animals on earth than Allah will also have sympathy with you. Christians say: God stated human beings should dominate the world. This gives a lot of scope and doesn't necessarily mean treating animals well, yet millions do (while others exploit shamelessly). I read baby cats that grow up without mummy cat, don't receive the necessary education and become difficult. From my experience I can not confirm this. Providing they are not too young when they are separated (in which case they may not even survive), if they are treated well, baby cats grow up to be lovely gentle cats. They instantly use the provided toilet, keep themselves neat and clean, love to cuddle and purr when they see their foster parents, favourite seat the lap. I often have 3 on my lap, 1 at my side, 1 at my feet and 1 above my head. My late Filou used to wait until I fall asleep and then lay down on my belly with his 5 kilos, which mend waking up with a lot of weight on me. He was very special, used to open doors, including my fridge,  knew in advance his vet's appointment and went hiding, (my friends joked: don't let him check your diary) quite a character, a great loss. Bijoux and Felicitas suffer from kidney problems. Luckily the vet has croquettes available, developed to help with this sickness, but the food is imported and not exactly cheap. The croquettes appears to be delicious and smell just right (for cats). All are interested and I have to insure that they remain for my sick ladies only. My "Kratzbaum" is a dead tree covered by rope and created to help cats with their claw care. From time to time I have to ask them not to confuse me with their tree. Several cats discovered that door curtains pushed to one side and fixed in a lope, make good hammocks. Whenever  I am a few minutes late with serving cats' breakfast, my lovely homeless guests call me, "singing": we are hungry, hungry.....", so I better not oversleep. My husband remarked that he has never before viewed so many very beautiful cats as in Sousse. In Germany they would be expensive and surely not homeless. Jewelry on the street. Baby Sina (the only surviving one of 4 cats that were one day left in front of my door) calls me and comes running. She's so sweet, adorable. My little treasure.

No comments :

Post a Comment