page contents

salem

salem

Friday 29 March 2019

More about my Gorgeous Treasures



Soon we will have a lot of sunshine again, my cats love it at least as much as I do. Hopefully their sneezing will stop when they are sunbathing on the roof or ground floor terrace. In addition our visits to the vet ought to become less frequent. It is not much fun more or less forcing my little darlings to take their medication. Bijoux hates it and the other day demonstrated this convincingly by using her claws on my hands. She was born in May 2013 and is a strong girl weighing 5 kg. We kept her mother, Amira, together with her 4 babies, all born on that day (birthdays coming up, I think we'll have sardines for the celebration). Anyhow Bijoux's brother, Tiger, watching her scratching me, decided to defend me (who said only dogs do that?), threatened and attacked her in return. This is the second time my little knight fought for me. Great to have such a chivalrous treasure by my side! The fur of our two black ladies is actually not black, the sun brought this to light, it is a beautiful shining dark brown colour and they are Burma Cats. It appears I have some noble breed cats. Shouldn't be surprised they are not just beautiful, each in his or her own way, but also loyal and well mannered. Diana my Burmese cat with very blue eyes belongs to the now highly fashionable breed around here. On the other hand there is also little grey Grace and beautiful tri-coloured Myriam both with only one eye and Mallek, white with golden spots, who is blind on one eye.
The mainly white cats have rather sensible eyes that tend to tear and in addition their ears require frequent cleaning on account of mites. The vet recommended Aurizon (vetoquinol) for treatment. Some of my homeless visitors to my cats' table have disappeared, including Esperanza and Alice (had temporarily kept them inside while they were feeding their kittens, Grace and Hayet are their daughters) and a white cat. Strange, they all returned at the same time after approx. two weeks. Then Esperanza disappeared again, Alice is no longer always there and the white cat comes regular again. Every morning I count my out-door treasures and I am happy when all are there. This is not always the case, in particular following bad weather. For late-comers I leave croquettes outside and of course always water. It appears to be a new trend among teens/young men to keep larger dogs. The crossroads opposite my house is where they like to meet for unknown reasons. This area also services as a "football stadium". Why they don't go to the near-by beech heaven knows. I presume the frequently stolen food is used to feed some of these dogs. Those guys with their dogs don't just make my little darlings nervous but also those dogs that are kept on the flat roof opposite. Thus we have to put up with a lot of barking as well as the usual yelling. We always look forward to the end of school holidays. Much could be achieved by employing some of those jobless academic folks to help these kids and youngsters, who have a lot of spare time and don't know what to do with themselves. Money well spend! I hear knocking at the door. Adorable Amelie, my Persian beauty, bangs the key attachment against the door, a trick my darlings learnt from each other when they want to enter a room with closed doors. So proud of my little treasures!

No comments :

Post a Comment